Thursday, April 23, 2015

MOTD : Burberry 'Pale Barley' eyeshadow






So I finally caved after hearing raves upon raves about the 'Pale Barley' eyeshadow from Burberry and when they had just reformulated them, I thought I would give this particular color a go.

First off, the packaging is gorgeous, it's heavy and really well made and feels luxurious.
The new formula is formulated so that you can use them dry for a more sheer finish or wet for a more opaque finish. This is a the first time I've tried anything from the brand and I'm very impressed with the quality.
I can definitely see why they call them Eye Colour Silk, the formula is really silky and smooth when you swatch or put your brush in, unlike any other eyeshadow I own.

On the pictures above I've applied it wet, I sprayed my brush with some Fix+ and it gives an opaque cool toned brown color with a beautiful sheen, I haven't worn it dry yet as I really love a shimmery eyeshadow.

I can definitely see this being a perfect everyday neutral eyeshadow that will suit many different skin colors, tones and eye colors. So I understand the hype and would be very interested in some other shades of these eyeshadows.

If you've been thinking about trying this but not been sure about the price, I definitely feel it's worth the splurge as the color is beautiful and neutral for everyday and the formulation is really nice, so I would recommend it!

Thank you for reading and have a great day.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment